Problems for specific Toyota Corolla years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Most reported 2009 Toyota Corolla problems

Verified for the Toyota Corolla

The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.

77 Reports

Verified for the Toyota Corolla

The mass air flow sensor on higher mileage cars occasionally needs to be cleaned or replaced if sluggish acceleration is experienced or the Check Engine Light is illuminated with a mass air flow meter sensor fault code stored.

36 Reports

Reported by Jen D. and 3 others for the Toyota Corolla

Around 72k miles, my engine started making a load noise. Took it to the dealership and the water pump literally fell apart in the technicians hands. I had the extended warranty so the replacement was covered minus $100 for a new belt that was not covered by the warranty.

4 Reports

Reported by Jen D. and 2 others for the Toyota Corolla

Noticed one morning when opening my door that the molding at the base of the driver's side window was cracked in half on the front and rear door, allowing rain to get inside the door. This is not covered by the extended warranty, and cost $150/window for the dealer to replace.

3 Reports

Reported by Jen D. and 1 other for the Toyota Corolla

The last 2 times it has rained my driver's side floor board has been full of water. Took it to the shop and determined the drain for the sun roof was clogged.

2 Reports

Reported by Liz M.A. for the Toyota Corolla

I wanted to share something I just found out this weekend when I took my 2009 Toyota Corolla in to the dealership. Problem was that I was hearing a loud humming sound in the cab. I could tell it was coming from the rear of the car. In addition, my airbag light went on. The problem was that my driver side rear axle bearing was out. Cost for the job, approx. $700. The continuously lit airbag light was fixed by installing a clock spring? C...

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

Started the car one morning and the transmission started shifting extremely hard between 1st and 2nd gear. Took it to the dealership and the entire transmission had to be replaced. Thank goodness for my extended warranty. A $3700 repair cost me $50.

Reported by Jen D. for the Toyota Corolla

I feel like my car is completely falling apart. I have had it in the shop 3 times in the last 2 months. Now they tell me one of the motor mounts is going out. This car only has 75k miles on it. Disappointed in Toyota.