I can't tell if the thing is working or not, and if the thing is activated or not... I've heard that there is a yellow wire that comes from the button (inside the shift lever tube)that may be broken due to the lowering and raising of the steering wheel... And the fix for this is to take the cover off the behind the steering wheel and lengthing the wire... But would like a professional suggestion for fixing this problem...
tow light on dash doesn't come on when button is pushed at the end of shifter... on 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD
1 answerJune 25, 2013
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair and Maintenance
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Maintenance Schedule
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Problems(19)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Repair Estimates
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Q&A(72)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Recalls(3)
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Shops
- 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Reviews(14)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Questions
- I'm having a problem trying to turn key how can I unlock the ignition?
- Why do the P,R,D symbols blink on my truck? Check engine light came on also..
- Sometimes a po300 cold hot doesn't matter. Restart after few minutes and clears
- New aftermarket towing mirrors. How do i make in-mirror signals work?
- how do I replace the ignition switch cylinder?
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($230 - 314) in Wessington Springs, SD
- AC Condenser Replacement ($567 - 668) in Bethel, ME
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($149 - 298) in Dodson, TX
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($180 - 233) in North Las Vegas, NV
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($197 - 221) in Kingsford, MI
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($772 - 3,128) in Victoria, IL