problem just started, whining gets louder as I accelerate
Jeep Cherokee Tires, Jeep Comanche Tires, Jeep Commander Tires, Jeep Compass Tires, Jeep Grand Cherokee Tires, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Tires, Jeep Liberty Tires, Jeep Patriot Tires, Jeep Wrangler Tires
Vehicles with Tire Pressure Monitoring System (2005–)
If you are concerned because the TPMS lamp is on, please remember that vehicles with the tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) may experience a situation where the warning light is on, yet the tire pressures are correct. Be sure to check the pressure on all of the tires.
Please be aware of the following:
- The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) will warn the driver of a low tire pressure based on the manufacturer recommended cold placard pressure (the placard is located on the driver's side B-pillar).
- The tire pressure will vary with temperature by about 6.9 kPa (1 psi) for every 6.5° C (12° F). When the outside temperature decreases, the tire pressure will also decrease. Dodge recommends adjusting the tire pressure for this decrease in pressure. Please refer to the vehicle owners manual for information on how to properly inflate this vehicle’s tires.
- The tire pressure will increase as the vehicle is driven. This is normal and there is no need to adjust for this increased pressure.
- The TPMS will warn the driver if the tire pressure falls below the low pressure warning threshold for any reason, including low temperature.
- The tire pressure monitoring system will continue to warn the driver of low tire pressure as long as the condition exists, and will not turn off until the tire pressure is at or above recommended cold placard pressure. Once the low tire pressure warning has been illuminated, the tire pressure must be increased to the recommended cold placard pressure in order for the TPMS warning lamp to turn off. Once the updated tire pressures have been received, the system will automatically update and the TPMS warning lamp will extinguish. The vehicle may need to be driven for up to ten minutes above 25 kph (15 mph) to receive this information.
- In order to properly maintain vehicle tire pressure, please refer to the owners manual for additional information regarding tire inflation. Note: Tire pressure should always be set based on cold inflation tire pressure (defined as the tire pressure after a vehicle has not been driven for three or more hours—and in outside ambient temperature).
- Seasonal temperature changes will affect tire pressure—the tire pressure monitoring system will monitor the actual tire pressure in the tire.
Aftermarket Wheels and Tires on All Vehicles
Installing aftermarket wheels and tires on cars and trucks in the attempt to individualize one’s vehicle with a custom look is very popular. However, installation of these custom wheels and tires presents a number of problems that challenge the performance, handling, and safety of the vehicles. Though it's quite common for people to put oversized custom wheels on their vehicles, changing the diameter of the wheel/tire has a direct effect on the vehicle's emissions.
The problems resulting from these enhancements include:
- Extremely harsh ride due to excessively low profile of tires
- Sluggish acceleration
- Poor handling
- Decreased fuel mileage
- Accelerated wear on all components
- Braking issues due to increased mass (weight of wheels)
The suspension, driveline, and brakes are not designed for the mass and weight of these wheel/tire assemblies. Any change in unsprung weight from design specifications directly affects these conditions. The overall wheel/tire diameters change the way the vehicle tracks and affects wheel alignment. This scenario applies to all vehicles.
Jeep Tire Questions and Answers
The shop could not determine why the ABS and anti skid light keep going on and off. They suggested it is the tires. However, the dash also says I need an oil change which was done three weeks ago a...
You can hear the tick while driving and more so when turning.
i had front end lined up new tires and new right boot and bearns only rowers when driving and turning wheel to the right it a 4x4 please help on a fixed income cant keep spending on the wrong thing...
Car did not come equipped with tmps. Part of the repairs included a new stem module and new keys.