Car Problem Reports

Volkswagen Touareg Problem
13 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012

Average Mileage: 25,730 mi (12,000 mi - 42,000 mi)

Verified

Tire wear can be problematic, very dependent on driving style. Our technicians recommend regular tire inspection and replacement when necessary.

•  Rookie

Brought my Toureg in for the 20K service and I am being told my alignment is out and I need to replace all my tires because of inside and outside uneven wear. The service tech said he recommends front end alignment every 5-10k because of the roads in Spokane. I told him I thought that was included in the 10, 20, 30K service and he said no. At the 10K service nobody from the dealership mentioned a front end alignment. I think tires should last more than 20K no matter what type of alignment. I am very upset!!!

• Visitor, , 25,000 mi

Called about excessive noise. Told maybe tires a little off inflation . Told alignment off and need 4 new tires. Never had to replace tires this soon on any other new vehicle. This is supposed to be an off road vehicle . How can driving on very normal roads cause alignment issues?

• Visitor, , 30,000 mi

I am at 140,000 miles and I am the original owner. I replace tires every 30,000

• Visitor, , 12,000 mi

I had my tires rotated at the 10k checkup. Soon after I had a lot of road noise. Because of the noise, I couldn't wait for the 20k checkup and went in at 18k. I was told to replace my tires because they were choppy. So the dealer also didn't rotate them. I've never had to replace tires that soon and it's loud inside.

• Visitor, , 42,000 mi

My rear passenger side tire has prematurely worn out and will need to be replaced. This is the only tire that has worn down yet I must replace the two back tires simultaneously so as not to cause damage to the alignment. I just bought all new tires less than 6 months ago. I anticipate that this will be a constant problem and am thinking of getting a new car.