Tire Wear Can be Problematic on Volkswagen Touareg

Tire wear can be problematic, very dependent on driving style. Our technicians recommend regular tire inspection and replacement when necessary.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 35,769 (42–170,000)
10 model years affected: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, more2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015
19 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 9 of 9 problem details
2012 Volkswagen Touareg 25,000 mi,
Called about excessive noise. Told maybe tires a little off inflation . Told alignment off and need 4 new tires. Never had to replace tires this soon on any other new vehicle. This is supposed to be an off road vehicle . How can driving on very normal roads cause alignment issues?
2004 Volkswagen Touareg 42,000 mi,
My rear passenger side tire has prematurely worn out and will need to be replaced. This is the only tire that has worn down yet I must replace the two back tires simultaneously so as not to cause damage to the alignment. I just bought all new tires less than 6 months ago. I anticipate that this will be a constant problem and am thinking of getting a new car.
Brought my Toureg in for the 20K service and I am being told my alignment is out and I need to replace all my tires because of inside and outside uneven wear. The service tech said he recommends front end alignment every 5-10k because of the roads in Spokane. I told him I thought that was included in the 10, 20, 30K service and he said no. At the 10K service nobody from the dealership mentioned a front end alignment. I think tires should last more than 20K no matter what type of alignment. I am very upset!!!
2013 Volkswagen Touareg 20,000 mi,
Just had our 20k service and was told like the others the tires need to be replaced due to "choppy wear". Unacceptable to have to replace tires with only 20k miles. VW has a problem and they need to resolve this problem.
2012 Volkswagen Touareg 12,000 mi,
I had my tires rotated at the 10k checkup. Soon after I had a lot of road noise. Because of the noise, I couldn't wait for the 20k checkup and went in at 18k. I was told to replace my tires because they were choppy. So the dealer also didn't rotate them. I've never had to replace tires that soon and it's loud inside.
2012 Volkswagen Touareg 24,000 mi,
Excessive road noise. Replaced the tires at 24K mile do to road noise...not covered by warranty. put on a different brand (General, which was recommended by the dealer) road noise back at 51k miles. Dealer advised replacing tires. had an alignment done at 24K. rotated and balanced at every scheduled maintenance. VW can do better. not happy
2015 Volkswagen Touareg 15,000 mi,
loud noise, normal driving/commuting, bad wheel bearing, all four wheels cupped! Nothing noted by VW at 10,000 service.
Bought a new 2016 Touareg. 19 inch wheels. Car kept drifting and sometimes sharply pulling to RH. Dealer put air in rh front tire. No change. Dealer then did alignment after 750 miles and said it really needed it. Better but after 2,000 miles same problem. Is it the tires, or a lemon, or? Wish I got the Jeep!
2006 Volkswagen Touareg 30,000 mi,