2007 Nissan Pathfinder Q&A

2007 Nissan Pathfinder Question: Timing chain problems

I just had over $1100 worth of work done on my 2007 Pathfinder regarding this issue. I am at 66k miles and they told me that if it had been caught earlier, they could have taken care of it at no cost. My problem is, i took my vehicle in at 50823 miles because it was acting weird. If i was at a high speed and i would let my foot off the gas it would sound as if the engine was still reved up for a couple seconds. It kind of seemed like it was taking a couple of seconds for the gears to kick in, if that makes any sense... There was also a high pitched sound the car would make when i would turn it on that would be loud at first but would quiet down but would get loud again once i stepped on the gas. I asked Nissan about that and they told me that it did not have anything to do with the current problem. At the time they told me the noise was normal. I am getting ready to call the corporate office and wanted to see if anyone could tell me if you think this is what the problem was at 58k miles. Thanks for your help -
with a timing chain rarely do they ever go bad and sertanlly wouldnt stretch in so few years. if its a belt however normally doesnt require service till 90k. id read up on all this info befor u go in and talk to them also did they show u the old part that they replaced. by law they show old part so u know it was replaced. contact the bureau of auto repair for additional info and they can get to the bottom of this -
Comment 1
No they didn't show me the old part. These are the parts they replaced/installed: filter oil, washer-drain, chain-camshaft, tension face, seal - o ring, seal o ring, seal-oil cranks, threebond 1217h, antifreeze, r&r timing chain and shoes, by coolant flush. -
Just had mine in today. $1600 was the estimate for repair. Spoke to the service manager about the number of problems I have read about concerning the timing chain. Was a service bulletin regarding the issue. He told me that they will fail if oil is not change regular. Mine was changed very regular, so I had to produce receipts. He wanted to make me jump through hoops to get the documentation. He will let me know in a few days if Nissan will "help" with the repair. Nissan has a faulty part that they were aware of in 2007, but were/are unwilling to do right by customers. Mine has 71,000 miles and probably has been making noise and wearing out for a long time (since purchase). It just is now getting loud enough to notice. -
I need an estimate on repair for the timing chain
Already replaced, egr, timing belt, spark plugs, mass air flow sensor, alternator and battery. I can hear what sounds like pocket change when accelerating.
The dealership is telling me that my 05 Pathfinder needs a new timing chain.. I thought timing chains were supposed to last much longer than belts. How do I know if the dealership is just trying to...
WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A TIMING BELT AND THE COST TO REPLACE? ALSO WHAT IS THE LIFE OF A CHAIN AND THE COST TO REPLACE?
and will they have to remove the radiator to do that and is it better to change the timing chain and radiator at the same time and what is the price thanks