Purchased pre-owned car from dealer/shop. Had it checked by third party mechanic. Recommended timing belt/water pump/thermostat be replaced (68,000k). Seller replaced belt but not pump or thermostat stating both appeared to have been replaced. How can I be sure?
timing belt/water pump/thermostat on 1998 Honda Civic
1 answerAugust 10, 2010
2 answersJanuary 07, 2011
1 answerSeptember 10, 2010
0 answersMay 19, 2015
1 answerJune 27, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
1998 Honda Civic Estimates
- Fuel Filter Change ($78 - 101) in Portland, TX
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($298 - 467) in Monroe, NH
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($108 - 139) in Clearfield, KY
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($131 - 182) in Frostproof, FL
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($43 - 109) in Corbettsville, NY
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($202 - 267) in Rappahannock Academy, VA