vehicle has a new timing belt but i am being told that its "off time" and that it needs to be adjusted... how much is that going to cost?? is it something i can do myself?? i just replaced the starter myself because i was told that's what it was that was keeping the car from starting...(only starts if you push start it)... but its still doing the same thing...it cranks it just doesn't start... "Lady in distress"
timing belt adjustment on 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1991 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
1991 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($433 - $591) in South Bend, TX
- Oil Pump Replacement ($639 - $1,938) in Colmesneil, TX
- Brake Pad Replacement ($193 - $244) in Hastings, NE
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($327 - $425) in Badger, SD
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($264 - $325) in Milwaukee, WI
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($168 - $183) in South Boardman, MI