if the timing belt brakes can it be repaired
timing belt on 1993 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by aduderoo ,
March 24, 2010
It can certainly be repaired. On some engines, breaking a timing belt can cause additional significant engine damage, so be prepared there. This depends on whether you have an "interference" engine--not sure that Escorts do or do not.
Verified for the Ford Escort12 reports
Verified for the Ford Escort43 reports
1 answerMay 10, 2010
1 answerFebruary 21, 2011
1 answerJanuary 27, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1993 Ford Escort Estimates
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Kleinfeltersville, PA
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($128 - 151) in Dunsmuir, CA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($203 - 308) in East Saint Johnsbury, VT
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Samaria, MI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($187 - 294) in Lancaster, KS
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($156 - 195) in Adrian, GA