Drove Toyota after car sat approx. 2 mos. in driveway. A little sluggish, backfired than ran ok. Check engine light came on, took to my mechanic. I Asked for quote on tune up and replacing timing belt. (never replaced as far as I can tell) $596.00 for tune up (includes one ignition coil) and $647.00 for timing belt. Seems high to me. Am I wrong?
timing belt on 1996 Toyota Tercel
Verified for the Toyota Tercel9 reports
1 answerAugust 09, 2012
3 answersOctober 29, 2012
2 answersMarch 11, 2010
4 answersMarch 09, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Tercel Questions
- why do you not list 1984 since that is the model Tercel I am in need of help?
- On dash board my o/d light says off...is that okay? Is that why the car doesn't
- Got thermostat replaced. Now engine runs quite a bit warmer than before. Is this normal, will it hurt my engine?
- Does my car have a pilot bearing in the clutch assembly
- What can cause the fuel pump to not get fire causing the car to not start?
1996 Toyota Tercel Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Tunas, MO
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Lyons Falls, NY
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($271 - $523) in Marshall, IN
- Throttle Position Sensor Replacement ($111 - $228) in Henagar, AL
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - $134) in Cambria, WI
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($109 - $130) in Clifton, IL