are the timing chain and timing belt the same thing?
timing belt on 2003 Ford Focus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by munkyrench ,
April 05, 2009
A timing belt is made of rubber (similar to a vacuum cleaner belt, only bigger) and needs to be replaced as part of the maintenance of the vehicle. A timing chain is a metal chain (like a motorcycle/bicycle chain) and only needs replacement if the chain or other parts wear out.
This week's top 10
2003 Ford Focus Estimates
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($98 - 135) in New Stuyahok, AK
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($291 - 419) in Pulaski, VA
- Radiator Replacement ($305 - 485) in Gordonville, MO
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Elmsford, NY
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($217 - 268) in Rockland, ME
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($451 - 495) in Buckingham, VA