The escort 1.9L4 engine an interference engine?
timing belt on 1995 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ZeeTech ,
January 14, 2011
It's a Free-Wheeling engine. No piston to valve contact in case of timing belt failure.
2 more answers , 1 more comment
No! It is not an interference motor.
Verified for the Ford Escort12 reports
Verified for the Ford Escort49 reports
1 answerMay 10, 2010
1 answerFebruary 21, 2011
1 answerJanuary 27, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
1995 Ford Escort Estimates
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Clements, MN
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($150 - 269) in Wayzata, MN
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($256 - 1,036) in Eagar, AZ
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($177 - 210) in Mount Eden, KY
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($653 - 858) in Dolan Springs, AZ
- Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement ($118 - 214) in North Salem, NY