The escort 1.9L4 engine an interference engine?
timing belt on 1995 Ford Escort
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by ZeeTech ,
January 14, 2011
It's a Free-Wheeling engine. No piston to valve contact in case of timing belt failure.
2 more answers , 1 more comment
No! It is not an interference motor.
Verified for the Ford Escort43 reports
1 answerMay 10, 2010
1 answerFebruary 21, 2011
Verified for the Ford Escort12 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
1995 Ford Escort Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($648 - 1,109) in Clements, MN
- 145,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Wayzata, MN
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($225 - 292) in Eagar, AZ
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($85 - 123) in Mount Eden, KY
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Dolan Springs, AZ
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($89 - 128) in North Salem, NY