Does the volkswagon beetle have a timing belt and what miles does it have to get changed at?
timing belt on 2003 Volkswagen Beetle
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by raiderron ,
May 17, 2011
You did not say which engine is in car. If is 1.8 or 2.0 liter it does have timing belt but I could not find interval for replacement. The recommended time or mileage for drive belts is 90k miles so recommend timing belt at that time.
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle16 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle3 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Beetle96 reports
1 answerJanuary 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- What is involved in replacing the convertible top.
- Leaks fluid from seal where torque converter attached to it replaced 3 times
- Keeps leaking transmission fluid from seal where the torque converter goes into
- Their is water inmy back floorboard where could it be coming from
- Where is the fuse for the turning signals?
2003 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates