2002 Elantra GL purchased used in 2010 with 117,000 kms. Now at about 135,000 kms. 2 days ago started leaking oil everywhere. Thrust washer found in oil pan. Crank-shaft ended up ruining bottom end of engine block. Is it true that this problem was endemic to numerous engines due to thrust washers having been installed backwards at time of manufacture? If so, is there a remedy to my $3,500 bill for a replacement motor? Would Hyundai Canada cover this? - Kingston, Ontario
Thrust washer installed backwards leads to ruined motor? on 2002 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- The check eng. light to not come on when the ing.switch is in the run position
- My elantra it will turn over but it won't start and the check engine don't come
- Where is the steering wheel lock located?
- Is there a recall for problems with the steering on the 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS
- air conditioner makes noise when on what could this be?