2002 Elantra GL purchased used in 2010 with 117,000 kms. Now at about 135,000 kms. 2 days ago started leaking oil everywhere. Thrust washer found in oil pan. Crank-shaft ended up ruining bottom end of engine block. Is it true that this problem was endemic to numerous engines due to thrust washers having been installed backwards at time of manufacture? If so, is there a remedy to my $3,500 bill for a replacement motor? Would Hyundai Canada cover this? - Kingston, Ontario
Thrust washer installed backwards leads to ruined motor? on 2002 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 2002 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
2002 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Stillwater, PA
- Water Pump Replacement ($390 - $518) in Lake Village, AR
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($207 - $285) in Wabasha, MN
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Zapata, TX
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($96 - $128) in Chester, WV
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($883 - $1,029) in Sardinia, NY