2002 Elantra GL purchased used in 2010 with 117,000 kms. Now at about 135,000 kms. 2 days ago started leaking oil everywhere. Thrust washer found in oil pan. Crank-shaft ended up ruining bottom end of engine block. Is it true that this problem was endemic to numerous engines due to thrust washers having been installed backwards at time of manufacture? If so, is there a remedy to my $3,500 bill for a replacement motor? Would Hyundai Canada cover this? - Kingston, Ontario
Thrust washer installed backwards leads to ruined motor? on 2002 Hyundai Elantra
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
2002 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- 15,000 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Stillwater, PA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($129 - 177) in Lake Village, AR
- Air Pump Check Valve Replacement ($140 - 202) in Wabasha, MN
- Radiator Replacement ($343 - 518) in Zapata, TX
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($870 - 903) in Chester, WV
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($741 - 890) in Sardinia, NY