thermostat replaced/air in block? on 1997 Mercury Villager

Changed stat and guage shows hot. How do I vent the block or how do I burp system?

by in Canton, IL on January 10, 2010
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answer
ANSWER by , January 11, 2010
Try finding the coolant hose at the highest point of the engine and partially remove one end of the hose and try to get the air to bleed out. Sometimes you have to let in warm up and let it cool down to get the air pocket to escape.