How do you get the thermostat house off.?
Mazda Q&AAsk Your Question
1993 Mazda MX-6 Question: thermostat
Answer #1fernando August 22, 2009, 18:44Master
To remove the thermostat housing of the 3.0L V6 engine;
• Disconnect the Negative Battery Cable
• Drain the Engine Coolant from Radiator
• Remove the water outlet pipe mounting bolt and removed from the outlet housing
• Remove the engine harness bracket bolt
• Remove the 12mm housing bolt
See a view of the thermostat assembly here; http://bit.ly/1mHKO1
For more detail information and to install try autozone.com repairs guides
ReplyVisitor, July 07, 2010, 23:45
don't bother draining the engine coolant the thermostat is at the top of the engine take the top rad hose off and undo the two bolts that hold the piece that the hose conected too thats the thermostat and don't worry about the negative cable that just what the book says.