I drove the car on Saturday and it fine until we got closer to the house. The oil light came on and then it turned off and the car started running really funny. Then we hard a knocking sound in the engine. Once we got home we added a quart and a half of oil and let it run through the engine and the knocking sound got lower. Then we let the car sit all night and woke up the next checked the oil levels again and they were fine. We started the car to see if it was still knocking and when you press the accelerator it was knocking. What is wrong with my car and how much will it cost to get fixed?
There is a knocking sound coming from engine when I start the car? on 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Asked by for the 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler PT Cruiser Questions
- Why won't my 05 PT cruiser start like it's not getting fire or gas!! Help ME !!!
- How to replace 10 awg fusible link wire,what are ratings needed.
- radiator replaced;went to check oil after & dipstick broken. Any way they did it
- my bushings need replaced. Which suspension components have bushings?
- Replaced Head Gasket and timing belt and have no spark what could be wrong
2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($389 - $639) in Callands, VA
- Water Pump Replacement ($725 - $912) in Randolph, NY
- Heater Core Replacement ($633 - $812) in Polkton, NC
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($224 - $445) in Lindsay, TX
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($488 - $519) in Edgar, FL
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($292 - $464) in McCleary, WA