when my girlfriend starts her car there is a knock in her engine that sounds like it is coming from the right side of engine (where serp. belt is) timing belt was just changed about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago. when she turns it off it sounds like metal scraping. iwas wandering if it might be bad crank or cam bearings she thinks its just bad gas.
there is a knock in her engine at idle speed on 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by VENOMSERVICES ,
February 28, 2012
COULD BE A BAD TIMING BELT TENSIONER, OR DRIVE BELT TENSIONER..
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- Convertible.No interior lights when open doors.No light@mirror/all switch positi
- Is a 2006 vw convertible beetle windshield interchangeable with a vw coupe
- Starts runs for 15seconds dies repeats when you start it again.what could cause
- The Beetle starts but does not continue to run...shuts off after a few seconds
- The spoiler engaged but will not come back down at lower speeds
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates