when my girlfriend starts her car there is a knock in her engine that sounds like it is coming from the right side of engine (where serp. belt is) timing belt was just changed about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago. when she turns it off it sounds like metal scraping. iwas wandering if it might be bad crank or cam bearings she thinks its just bad gas.
there is a knock in her engine at idle speed on 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
Asked by for the 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by VENOMSERVICES ,
February 28, 2012
COULD BE A BAD TIMING BELT TENSIONER, OR DRIVE BELT TENSIONER..
This week's top 10
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($41 - $102) in Greenville, NY
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($206 - $736) in Chelsea, OK
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($217 - $468) in Dallastown, PA
- Water Pump Replacement ($396 - $522) in Mi Wuk Village, CA
- Engine Oil Pan Gasket Replacement ($247 - $327) in East Wenatchee, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($123 - $156) in Lostant, IL