when my girlfriend starts her car there is a knock in her engine that sounds like it is coming from the right side of engine (where serp. belt is) timing belt was just changed about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago. when she turns it off it sounds like metal scraping. iwas wandering if it might be bad crank or cam bearings she thinks its just bad gas.
there is a knock in her engine at idle speed on 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by VENOMSERVICES ,
February 28, 2012
COULD BE A BAD TIMING BELT TENSIONER, OR DRIVE BELT TENSIONER..
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- What is involved in replacing the convertible top.
- Leaks fluid from seal where torque converter attached to it replaced 3 times
- Keeps leaking transmission fluid from seal where the torque converter goes into
- Their is water inmy back floorboard where could it be coming from
- Where is the fuse for the turning signals?
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates