when my girlfriend starts her car there is a knock in her engine that sounds like it is coming from the right side of engine (where serp. belt is) timing belt was just changed about 3 or 4 thousand miles ago. when she turns it off it sounds like metal scraping. iwas wandering if it might be bad crank or cam bearings she thinks its just bad gas.
there is a knock in her engine at idle speed on 1999 Volkswagen Beetle
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by VENOMSERVICES ,
February 28, 2012
COULD BE A BAD TIMING BELT TENSIONER, OR DRIVE BELT TENSIONER..
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Beetle Questions
- Can I have a remote starter put in my 'bug' ?? Thanks in advance
- Does my 99 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 2.0 manual have shocks, struts or both?
- After breaking it sounds like air is building up pressure. Is there a leak ? Or.
- Pop noise under drivers side occasionally when driving and also when reversing
- Was messing with fuse box crank one time Steele wines over but won't crank
1999 Volkswagen Beetle Estimates
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Greenville, NY
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($259 - 432) in Chelsea, OK
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Inner ($834 - 1,092) in Dallastown, PA
- Glow Plug Replacement ($240 - 327) in Mi Wuk Village, CA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($304 - 450) in East Wenatchee, WA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($38 - 115) in Lostant, IL