The car is a four speed automatic. When driving on the highway going about 62-65 mph the rpms are around 4k. The transmission shifts fine from 1 to 3 but going to 4th gear nothing it stays in 3rd gear. I did research and seen that this is a common problem but cant find a fix.
The transmission is not shifting to fourth gear. on 1993 Volkswagen Jetta
1 answerOctober 25, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1993 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($193 - 244) in Nashville, KS
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($48 - 71) in Islamorada, FL
- 30,000 Mile Service ($247 - 350) in Grand Junction, IA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($322 - 387) in Latah, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($211 - 256) in Blakesburg, IA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($220 - 406) in Clayton, ID