The car is a four speed automatic. When driving on the highway going about 62-65 mph the rpms are around 4k. The transmission shifts fine from 1 to 3 but going to 4th gear nothing it stays in 3rd gear. I did research and seen that this is a common problem but cant find a fix.
The transmission is not shifting to fourth gear. on 1993 Volkswagen Jetta
2 answersFebruary 05, 2014
1 answerOctober 25, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- What is the root of the problem that can be causing all of this?
- Having trouble shifting into 1st gear, manual transmission.
- Diesel engine won't start after replacing cracked oil pan and pressure switch?
- car dies while driving and sometimes won't start. good fuel pump and filter
- Where is the output speed sensor located? Is it under the battery?