The serpentine belt on my dodge caravan starts slipping after 6months of use and whines until i have it changed. The belt is not expensive but replacing it is. The only advice I have received is that the tension part that makes the belt tight is no longer self adjusting and needs to be replaced. Is there an adjustment on this or is this correct and I need to replace something. This is getting expensive for a granny like me to afford.
The serpentine belt on my dodge slips on 1996 Dodge Caravan
Asked by for the 1996 Dodge Caravan
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
January 22, 2012
Tensioners wear out, and when an auto-adjust tensioner goes, it needs to be replaced, sorry to say.
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
- replace lost key
- Can you drive with no power steering fluid if you clamp a broken line?
- Put new fuel pump on and filter but not getting fuel to motor have checked all l
- I have a problem with my alternator belt staying on what can cause this
- I have a small flashing red light on top of the temperature gage,what's that??
1996 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($331 - $606) in Waco, GA
- AC Compressor Replacement ($536 - $735) in Unionville Center, OH
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($241 - $477) in Dayton, KY
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($262 - $372) in Eucha, OK
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($899 - $959) in Grovetown, GA
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Milton, IA