The serpentine belt on my dodge caravan starts slipping after 6months of use and whines until i have it changed. The belt is not expensive but replacing it is. The only advice I have received is that the tension part that makes the belt tight is no longer self adjusting and needs to be replaced. Is there an adjustment on this or is this correct and I need to replace something. This is getting expensive for a granny like me to afford.
The serpentine belt on my dodge slips on 1996 Dodge Caravan
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
January 22, 2012
Tensioners wear out, and when an auto-adjust tensioner goes, it needs to be replaced, sorry to say.
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
1996 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Ball Joint Replacement - Upper ($234 - 408) in Waco, GA
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($1,069 - 1,499) in Unionville Center, OH
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($51 - 103) in Dayton, KY
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($261 - 347) in Eucha, OK
- Engine Mount Replacement ($67 - 339) in Grovetown, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($201 - 244) in Milton, IA