Motor will not warm up but it is still pushing a gallon of water in to the overflow bottle.We have changed the radiator cap and put fail safe thermastat in it and the took care of the problem for 2 months and now it is doing the same thing again any help would be great
The motor will not warm up on 2000 Ford Ranger
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Bret Bodas ,
May 07, 2009
Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open, which is what these brand of thermostats will do if the engine temperature reaches a certain specification. I would get a thermostat from Ford and see if that fixes your problem.
1 answerFebruary 16, 2011
3 answersMay 30, 2016
1 answerMarch 07, 2013
1 answerFebruary 02, 2014
1 answerJune 06, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
2000 Ford Ranger Estimates
- 15,000 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in Fanrock, WV
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Sybertsville, PA
- 90,000 Mile Service ($460 - 632) in Munson, PA
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Rear ($146 - 213) in Ehrenberg, AZ
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - 56) in Howey In The Hills, FL
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Yemassee, SC