Worked on 5 times now..emergency light was working before the last repair(?). This time the light bulb blew..electrical smell and now the emergency lights don't work either and the radio light is very dim. The told me it was a $900.00 fix. I suspect they may have made it worse, what do you think? Everytime they worked on it they said it was the bulb, but it burned out within a day. It blew when they put in the OEM Lexus bulb.
The lights on my gear shift panel are out and the charge is going to be $900.00? on 1999 Lexus RX300
by sldmin in San Mateo, CA on February 02, 2012
1 answer 1 comment
ANSWER by dandd on February 02, 2012
I say find a competent repair shop ASAP! I work in San Bruno and know of several good repair shops near you. If the bulb keeps blowing, there HAS to be a voltage spike or some other out of spec voltage/short circuit situation. I don't think that your shop is electrically skilled enough to deal with this vehicle, which is very complex, by the way.
COMMENT by Hal... on February 02, 2012
Find a shop now and spend the money to repair the electrical problem. This is not a DIY replace the fuse issue. If you melt a section of wiring you may be looking at an entire replacement of that section of harness. We had to rewire an engine compartment when a larger the original battery was installed and the positive post touched the top of the hood. 6 hours of work and a $500 harness...