the car has always had an key problem but i just had work done replacing the rack n pinion.. drove the car home fine drove next day fine. then the car lock the key tumbler will not turn. the security light on the radio flashes. I bought a used ignition switch and tumbler. I thought fix great. waited the 10 min with key on great.. went out to get more keys drove to two stops and BANG.. key will not turn.. has to be some security thing.. how do unlock the key to turn and how to bypass this pos.
The key will not turn.. just rpl tumbler and Ing switch same thing happened. on 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- heater/ac, and stereo display/buttons all quit (fried).do I need New dash kit?
- blower motor resistor connector on my 2001 Alero Supposed to have
- My power window is stuck halfway up. How can I get the window up temporary?
- the climate control system does not turn on. no air blowing ou o any selections
- Why wont my car start, but turns over?
2001 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($153 - 306) in Fairport, NY
- Fuel Filter Change ($57 - 81) in Lone Mountain, TN
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($319 - 366) in King William, VA
- Fuel Injector Replacement ($373 - 490) in Siren, WI
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Medicine Lake, MT
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($590 - 629) in Zavalla, TX