the car has always had an key problem but i just had work done replacing the rack n pinion.. drove the car home fine drove next day fine. then the car lock the key tumbler will not turn. the security light on the radio flashes. I bought a used ignition switch and tumbler. I thought fix great. waited the 10 min with key on great.. went out to get more keys drove to two stops and BANG.. key will not turn.. has to be some security thing.. how do unlock the key to turn and how to bypass this pos.
The key will not turn.. just rpl tumbler and Ing switch same thing happened. on 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
Asked by for the 2001 Oldsmobile Alero
This week's top 10
Recent Oldsmobile Alero Questions
- Why is power steering fluid not running through the system? Easy fix?
- heater/ac, and stereo display/buttons all quit (fried).do I need New dash kit?
- blower motor resistor connector on my 2001 Alero Supposed to have
- My power window is stuck halfway up. How can I get the window up temporary?
- the climate control system does not turn on. no air blowing ou o any selections
2001 Oldsmobile Alero Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($55 - $85) in Fairport, NY
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($135 - $202) in Lone Mountain, TN
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in King William, VA
- Water Pump Replacement ($375 - $597) in Siren, WI
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($163 - $202) in Medicine Lake, MT
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($84 - $106) in Kunkle, OH