The electronic throttle control comes on and goes off normally when the veh is started. Everything is normal until you apply the brakes. As soon as there is pressure, the throttle light comes on and stays on. No codes stored, engine runs and accelerates normally, but the light is on.....any clues?
The electronic throttle control on 2005 Ford Explorer
Asked by for the 2005 Ford Explorer
1 answerMarch 27, 2011
2 answersOctober 03, 2010
My message center is reading engine failsafe mode and the electronic throttle light is on what could this mean?
1 answerMarch 28, 2016
0 answersJuly 22, 2012
0 answersMarch 30, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- fuel pump pressure problems
- What does it mean when it shows charging system service now on a 2017 Ford explo
- My 1998 ford exploer sport wont start after driven and shut off.30 mins it start
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
2005 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($136 - 167) in Aguirre, PR
- Transmission Fluid Change ($139 - 180) in Blenheim, SC
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($266 - 366) in Lionville, PA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Waiteville, WV
- Crankshaft Oil Seal Replacement ($82 - 145) in Bushton, KS
- Wheel Alignment Adjust ($247 - 319) in Milton, KS