The motor is a 22R. If you turn the truck off while the engine light is on the starter will not work, only a click. If you turn the truck off when the engine light is off the truck will start just fine. I had the starter checked, replaced both ground wires, positive wire to starter, starter relay, and cable ends. When the light is off the truck has good power. I can drive a few miles just fine, then the light comes on and I lose power. A few blocks later the engine light goes off and the engine is normal again for 5 or 10 miles. Also replaced fuel filter.
The check engine light comes on and the motor bogs down. Why is this? on 1993 Toyota Pickup
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Pickup Questions
- Transmission willn t line up with the motor on my 95 Toyota truck 22re
- Truck starts ,runs. After 30 min. , park for 20 min. starts, stalls.
- When I turn the key you can hear a whizzing sound, but the engine won't crank.
- Motor will not turn over. Makes a loud click by the starter. It's a 5 speed. It will not push start either. It did this twice before but always cranked up after a couple of tries. What is wrong with it?
- There is a piece of rubber on the crankshaft pulley that operates the alternator. Am curious how to remove said pulley so I can replace the rubber.