If you see my previous question just got the car a few days back and it overheated very after a few miles, they won't take it back, instead they are helping to fix it, I just bought a radiator and replaced it today, it seemed that the previous was fixed and when we cleaned it with acid it crack and poured water like a water fall. Now after changing the radiator, we tested it parked with the heater on and the car did not overheat. So we took it for a ride with the ac on and after 2 miles +/- the temperature jumped from mid to red in a second. The mechanic doesn't know what is it, he thinks might be the thermostat so I got a new one, he wont be able to put it on until tomorrow. I asked someone else and he said it sounds like an air pocket since is pushing water and air up through the reservoir lid. Some else said is a bad head that is getting worst by the minute, but the mechanic says that it doesn't show water on the oil and is not smoking and the car has lots of power like new. Another comment was that the fuel pump was bad, but the mechanic working on the car says that water is moving fine... we were hoping that it was the radiator. What can I do or should do?
the car is overheating driving, it goes from middle temp to red in seconds on 1999 Volvo C70
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo C70 Questions
- is it normal for water to drain heavy if the car sitting with the AC on?
- I'm told that I need a new shifter blind. Is that a purely cosmetic part?
- Can't find key to car. Was able to get drivers side door lock open, but can't get the trunk open. Is there another way I can open it?
- Can i repace the oringal engen with a newer year in my 1999 c70 convertible
- 97000km,find engine crack, the car never have accident