If you see my previous question just got the car a few days back and it overheated very after a few miles, they won't take it back, instead they are helping to fix it, I just bought a radiator and replaced it today, it seemed that the previous was fixed and when we cleaned it with acid it crack and poured water like a water fall. Now after changing the radiator, we tested it parked with the heater on and the car did not overheat. So we took it for a ride with the ac on and after 2 miles +/- the temperature jumped from mid to red in a second. The mechanic doesn't know what is it, he thinks might be the thermostat so I got a new one, he wont be able to put it on until tomorrow. I asked someone else and he said it sounds like an air pocket since is pushing water and air up through the reservoir lid. Some else said is a bad head that is getting worst by the minute, but the mechanic says that it doesn't show water on the oil and is not smoking and the car has lots of power like new. Another comment was that the fuel pump was bad, but the mechanic working on the car says that water is moving fine... we were hoping that it was the radiator. What can I do or should do?
the car is overheating driving, it goes from middle temp to red in seconds on 1999 Volvo C70
Asked by for the 1999 Volvo C70
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo C70 Questions
- My sunroof motor burned out in open position. Then when I opened 2 front windows
- Code on radio fix ..?
- cant get into the car with either key fobs, they are not working
- Does volvo c70 2001 coupé and convertible have d same window frames & regulator
- need last of the three roof motors installed.Where do i find directions?
1999 Volvo C70 Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($390 - $634) in Granville, IA
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($559 - $646) in Clear Spring, MD
- AC Recharge ($200 - $276) in Tyrone, NY
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Bonner, MT
- Engine Mount Replacement ($291 - $397) in Somerset, WI
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($1,246 - $1,327) in Gold Creek, MT