It started out with the esc light and abs lights on. The dealer told me it wouldnt hurt my vehicle but it would fix the lights if I paid 2100. Now whenever it rains, the 4 wheel drive light comes on and the vehicle will make loud noises and shake. Could it be the anti lock brake system causing the 4 wheel drive malfunction?? Right now it happens randomly, but usually when I encounter rain covered roads, and will eventually go off. The other day the steering wheel seemed to lock up, and it was hard to turn.
The 4 wheel drive light comes on unexpectedly while driving and vehicle shakes? on 2008 Kia Sportage
Asked by for the 2008 Kia Sportage
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sportage Questions
- How many fuel injectors are there in my Kia Sportage 2002, 4, cyl.
- Whining noise from transmission area between 30-70 mph, what could this be?
- Radio is on, looks like it is working but no sound will come out.
- I have oil soaking all for plugs. What is the most likely source of the oil
- Why does my water pump belt keep popping?
2008 Kia Sportage Estimates
- Head Gasket Replacement ($697 - 944) in Lucedale, MS
- Water Pump Replacement ($551 - 722) in Eldridge, CA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($148 - 192) in Brushton, NY
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($413 - 506) in Grandin, MO
- Steering Pitman Arm Replacement ($113 - 133) in Greenbrae, CA
- Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement ($169 - 228) in Canute, OK