Do i need to have a device to get the codes from the compute to find out whats wrong? I heard theres a way to do it manually. Need to confirm that my timing belt is out. Is there any other way to know if the problem is the timing belt?what other problems have symtoms similar to the timing belt. thanks!!
testing/ getting codes to determine whats wrong with the car on 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 HD
Asked by for the 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 HD
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Sierra 1500 HD Questions
- Truck runs for 20 mins then dies hard start then starts regular
- Replaced Door ajar switch to rt rear door. Worked for a while now acting up again. Could it be the BCM???
- 03 1500HD 6.0L going into "reduced Engine Power" mode.
- Engine temperature goes above the normal reading when engine is idling with A/C
- Hard to start
2005 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Estimates
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($171 - 210) in Swans Island, ME
- Vacuum Pump Replacement ($245 - 455) in Bloomington Springs, TN
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($284 - 335) in Bon Air, AL
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - 46) in Clinton, MD
- Throttle Body Replacement ($451 - 659) in Somerville, TN
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($44 - 56) in East Candia, NH