temperature light (accompanied by 3 loud beeps) comes on about 75% of time when cranking up car no matter what the environment temperature-- but temperature gauge remains at the lowest mark. Car has not overheated and blinking light won't go off until car is turned off. It sometimes takes several tries to get the light to not come on after turning car on. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?
Temperature light on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
BEST ANSWER by big01_dram ,
September 11, 2011
First thing i would do would be to check for codes. Sounds like a faulty sensor or wiring to me. If there is codes they will give you a direction to start checking for the problem. If you have autozone in your area they will scan free of charge.
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta31 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta12 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta11 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta4 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
2004 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($457 - 533) in Pocahontas, IA
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($241 - 288) in Little Cedar, IA
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($182 - 259) in Lincoln Acres, CA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($188 - 256) in Neah Bay, WA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($145 - 179) in Chesterfield, MI
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($35 - 56) in Syracuse, KS