temperature light (accompanied by 3 loud beeps) comes on about 75% of time when cranking up car no matter what the environment temperature-- but temperature gauge remains at the lowest mark. Car has not overheated and blinking light won't go off until car is turned off. It sometimes takes several tries to get the light to not come on after turning car on. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?
Temperature light on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
BEST ANSWER by big01_dram,
September 11, 2011
First thing i would do would be to check for codes. Sounds like a faulty sensor or wiring to me. If there is codes they will give you a direction to start checking for the problem. If you have autozone in your area they will scan free of charge.
1 answerJuly 23, 2010
2 answersSeptember 10, 2014
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta32 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta12 reports
1 answerJanuary 19, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- The power steering light is on
- My car sometime shaking and sometime when I driving stop
- 2.0 vw jetta 2003 timing belt broke. Researching b4 repair. Need tips&pointers.
- why would a jetta stop running out of no where trying to buy one if its going to
- Why does my car shift horrible after a new clutch was installed?