temperature light (accompanied by 3 loud beeps) comes on about 75% of time when cranking up car no matter what the environment temperature-- but temperature gauge remains at the lowest mark. Car has not overheated and blinking light won't go off until car is turned off. It sometimes takes several tries to get the light to not come on after turning car on. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?
Temperature light on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by big01_dram ,
September 11, 2011
First thing i would do would be to check for codes. Sounds like a faulty sensor or wiring to me. If there is codes they will give you a direction to start checking for the problem. If you have autozone in your area they will scan free of charge.
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta41 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta16 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta78 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta13 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- When I start car the rpm guage goes to 1000 rpm
- Code on po455 p1256 Etc sensor short 2 B+ codes showing on my 2000 v.w bug. Wont
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
- how to fix the linkage in a 99 jetta 5 spd?
2004 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($262 - $454) in Pocahontas, IA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($457 - $533) in Little Cedar, IA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($108 - $187) in Lincoln Acres, CA
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($319 - $428) in Neah Bay, WA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($607 - $918) in Chesterfield, MI
- Wheel Bearing Replacement ($157 - $294) in Syracuse, KS