temperature light (accompanied by 3 loud beeps) comes on about 75% of time when cranking up car no matter what the environment temperature-- but temperature gauge remains at the lowest mark. Car has not overheated and blinking light won't go off until car is turned off. It sometimes takes several tries to get the light to not come on after turning car on. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?
Temperature light on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
BEST ANSWER by big01_dram,
September 11, 2011
First thing i would do would be to check for codes. Sounds like a faulty sensor or wiring to me. If there is codes they will give you a direction to start checking for the problem. If you have autozone in your area they will scan free of charge.
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta31 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta12 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta11 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta65 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta3 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- Where do i see how to change the clutch in a V6 2000 Volkswagon jetta
- My boyfriend left the lights on in my car and killed my battery
- how much would it cost to repair the wiring on my lowbeam headlight
- upon acceleration at high speeds, my car shakes. Let off gas it stops. Why?
- No power on windshiel wipers