temperature light (accompanied by 3 loud beeps) comes on about 75% of time when cranking up car no matter what the environment temperature-- but temperature gauge remains at the lowest mark. Car has not overheated and blinking light won't go off until car is turned off. It sometimes takes several tries to get the light to not come on after turning car on. What could be causing this and how can it be fixed?
Temperature light on 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2004 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by big01_dram ,
September 11, 2011
First thing i would do would be to check for codes. Sounds like a faulty sensor or wiring to me. If there is codes they will give you a direction to start checking for the problem. If you have autozone in your area they will scan free of charge.
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta13 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta18 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta41 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta81 reports
Verified for the Volkswagen Jetta6 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
2004 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($290 - $444) in Pocahontas, IA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Little Cedar, IA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Lincoln Acres, CA
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Neah Bay, WA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($531 - $591) in Chesterfield, MI
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - $111) in Syracuse, KS