I have 112K miles on the odometer. The temperature gauge will read hot. I will stop and turn off the van for about 2 minutes, then restart the van and the temp. gauge will come down to normal. The van will not blow any hot air. I'll drive a few miles then the temp. gauge will climb to hot again and I will have to stop and turn off the van, but only for a couple minutes sometimes I can turn it off then back on in less time and the temp gauge will come down to normal but only for a few minutes or so. I have to do this a couple times to get home. I have checked the water level in the radiator and I do have to add coolent. But, the van still will not blow any heat, even after topping off the coolent. What could be causing this?
Temperature Gauge on 2003 Chrysler Town & Country
Asked by for the 2003 Chrysler Town & Country
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by tincups ,
March 02, 2009
Sounds like you might have a problem with your thermostat. I would recommend bringing it to a shop for cooling system diagnostics. If the vehicle is overheating it can cause major engine damage. Thermostats generally are not to spendy to replace.
Reported by tandc1999 and 121 others for the Chrysler Town & Country122 reports
1 answerApril 09, 2009
2 answersFebruary 08, 2016
1 answerFebruary 19, 2015
1 answerMarch 22, 2017
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Problems(34)
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Q&A(155)
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Recalls(3)
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Shops
- 2003 Chrysler Town & Country Reviews(5)
This week's top 10
Recent Chrysler Town & Country Questions
- '99 Town and Country: Battery checks out fine, engine cranks fine. Won't start.
- My heater blows out hot air when going but cold when stopped or at idle
- Is it safe to take out a stabilizer bar link and drive the van ?
- It will not crane it just kik what do you think is wrong the starter when out an
- I tried to jump somebody off and my car died it will crank it will go in reverse
2003 Chrysler Town & Country Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($275 - $510) in Tateville, KY
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($200 - $265) in Southmayd, TX
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($88 - $139) in Rogue River, OR
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($137 - $187) in Lake Bronson, MN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($246 - $499) in Creswell, NC
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($76 - $138) in Cherrylog, GA