Temperature Blend/Recirculation Doors May Fail and Cause AC Problems on Jeep Grand Cherokee

Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 104,934 (4,500–250,000)
19 model years affected: 1994, 1997, 1998, 1999, more2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015
193 people reported this problem
112 people shared problem details
I had the blend doors and recirculating fan replaced 3 years ago. I have experienced a heater /ac problem again. i installed new blend doors and that did not correct the problem, the old plastic blend doors were still good. I have noticed the blower sound like it is on but no major air flow comes out of the vents, not to mention no heat. what may be the cause, im lost .
Hey Guys... If you are getting NO air through the ducts and the fan is on, it is probably the recirculation door behind the glove box. Mine broke and fell to block any air coming from the fan. Easy, cheap fix - I removed the glove box, used a wood shish kabob stick to lift the door back into the open position then used wire to secure the stick to the plastic grate covering the cabin air intake. I now get great air circulation. If there is a problem with temperature control and/or differences between the passenger and driver sides, then it is probably the blend doors. Mine broke too...
i have this issue , the Air that comming our from the right side (driver side ) is cold but the air that coming out from the left side is hote . could you please let me know how i can repair it .
Heat on the pass side cold on the driver side....quoted $1500 to fix. $500 for parts, $1000 for labor. I feel like I could fix this myself but not sure how hard it actually is or the steps that need to be taken to avoid causing more dammage.
cold on passenger side when heat is on!!!
Cold on the drivers side hot air on the passenger side.
pass / side cold air drvr's side any temp you wanted. found out dlr weanted $ 1300 plus estemated. jcg.com sells kit w/instructions did it myself for 150.00.
My air flow through air registers would not change. It was always on the defrost mode. Found the VACUUM hose not attached on the intake manifold side. Connected the hose all systems back to normal. (vacuum hose located on the driver side under the hood) Check the intake manifold there should vacuum hoses connected to the intake manifold. There is also a diagram and a notation under the hood. When you open the hood this information is on the underside of the hood (front end)
No Heater, no hot air blowing after temperature is raised.
right side air is always at the coldest. no heat on the right side and air temp will not change, left side works good.
I get cold air on driver side and warm air on the passenger side
2011 Jeep GC lost heat on passenger side after loud calibrating noise coming from mid lower dash. 2 weeks later same with drivers side. No heat at all now. Diagnosed as need of Blend/Mode Door Housing. The whole front dash needs to be removed at a cost of $1082.00 + tax. Cant believe they are still using this design being it affects a multitude of year models.
cut a hole put a screw in to hold them in place for winter
Vents have cold air that drizzle out but the fan is on and blowing hard you can hear it, it just does not make its way to the inside of the car.
We get AC out of driver side and warm air out of passenger in the summer. In winter the driver is freezing and the passenger is comfortable. Is there a recall if it happens so much?
no heat inside cab
I get a error code of 56. I have air to the floor boards but not or minimal to other areas
No heat on passenger side---replacing the broken factory plastic blend doors with stainless steel from HeaterTreater.
A/C system, and heat/heater core in this vehicle suck!
The air conditioning blowing out of the vents on the driver side is considerably colder than th...
When I drive on a highway I got an air comes in even the ac is not working!! The temperature o...
Failure in the blower motor power module (automatic temperature controls) or resistor block (ma...
The fans work. Clutch is engaging. Freon is full. Expansion valve was just replaced. Mechan...
I have a 1994 JGC where the blower motor does not chnage speed with the automatic temperature c...