car has 152,000 miles, rebuilt trans (10 months ago) has 20,000. use on a paper route, so rough treatment. Got a P0740 code. Son has replaced a TCC solenoid on a couple of other cars, but never a Subaru. Does valve body have to be removed to replace solenoid? He's worried about bearings inside the valve body. Could he mess something up by removing it? Any special care have to be taken while handling it? He would like a diagram but all I can find is downloads for a whole manual. Is there something else we should check before replacing the TCC solenoid? Basically anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks so much!
TCC solenoid on 1998 Subaru Legacy
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Legacy Questions
- how can I get the album cover to display on Sirius? I tried using the settings.
- Need front differential rebuilt or replaced looking at cost for the repair.
- Replaced spark plugs,air filter,fuel filter,fuel pump.car still wont start & run
- car feels like it's fish tailing all the time not only on bad wheather what isit
- wht would cause it to not start if it crank nd hit nd is getin fuel nd has spark
1998 Subaru Legacy Estimates
- Intake Manifold Gasket Replacement ($174 - 223) in Bowman, GA
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Westwood, NJ
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($248 - 386) in Mc Calla, AL
- 7,500 Mile Service ($54 - 96) in Atlanta, ID
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - 111) in Pembroke, NC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($989 - 1,332) in Plant City, FL