Oil pressure is normal. Oil level is normal. No leaks. Car ran normally. Sat for several hours. Started up and heard loud tapping noise at front of engine. Not sure if this is a water pump or noise associated with oil tubes breaking off.
Tapping noise at front of engine on 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Maintenance Schedule
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems(26)
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair Estimates
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Q&A(35)
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls(1)
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Shops
- 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
- all bolts out of bell housing. Will not separate. Do dowel pins freeze up caus
- can i disconnect the alarm? i changed the battery & the alarm keeps going off
- Hard starting due to flooding. The bendix fi device has a comp chip with damage.
- where can i get a lighted star for my grille?
- where can i get the lighted star for my grille ?
1992 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Estimates
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Newtown Square, PA
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($560 - 750) in East Rochester, OH
- 30,000 Mile Service ($614 - 888) in New Hartford, NY
- Alternator Replacement ($419 - 1,387) in Thornton, IL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($604 - 752) in Malaga, OH
- Fuel Filter Replacement ($121 - 143) in Valley City, ND