Wondering if this could be one of three things: starter (maybe), possible alternator starting to fail (doubtful but possible) or the main relay/ignition switch problem again (which I've had fixed 3 times, seems to go every 3-5 years). Also, I doubt it since there is typically no warning, possibly the start of timing belt failing (it's due for the 2nd time). Car also seems to run hard. I've been told the squeak noise awhile back was my alternator but I have had no problems with lights, battery, etc, though that may be an issue with the starting too. The TX heat is brutal on the main relay/ignition switch it seems. Any thoughts or other suggestions? It turns over, just takes it a bit, but sounds like it will go soon.
Takes a while to start... on 1999 Honda Accord
4 answersFebruary 20, 2014
1 answerJune 03, 2015
Verified for the Honda Accord321 reports
1 answerAugust 14, 2010
1 answerNovember 14, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Why does my Honda blow cold air then warm then cold and sometimes cold for hours
- D4 light flashing, speedometer doesn't work. Freeway speed engine light comes on
- Will driving my car with the power steering pump being out further damage my car
- How to remove and replace transmission?
- What's the price range for 5-year service?