Wondering if this could be one of three things: starter (maybe), possible alternator starting to fail (doubtful but possible) or the main relay/ignition switch problem again (which I've had fixed 3 times, seems to go every 3-5 years). Also, I doubt it since there is typically no warning, possibly the start of timing belt failing (it's due for the 2nd time). Car also seems to run hard. I've been told the squeak noise awhile back was my alternator but I have had no problems with lights, battery, etc, though that may be an issue with the starting too. The TX heat is brutal on the main relay/ignition switch it seems. Any thoughts or other suggestions? It turns over, just takes it a bit, but sounds like it will go soon.
Takes a while to start... on 1999 Honda Accord
4 answersFebruary 20, 2014
1 answerJune 03, 2015
Verified for the Honda Accord339 reports
1 answerAugust 14, 2010
1 answerNovember 14, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Cost to repair drivers side rack and pinion
- I have Navigation installed and wondering if it is possible to sort the names
- Can replacing a damaged tail light affect interior (map) lights?
- I bought a Honda from someone and it has.been sitting for about a year
- What maintenance Honda recommends at 60k miles and how much it costs.