switch problem??? on 1995 Cadillac Seville STS

A fan behind the motor in my Cadillac started running last night... the car hadn't been cranked in 2 days..surprised to hear this noise coming from garage. I undone battery cable to get it stopped then today when it was reconnect blower fan didn't come back on but the AC would come on... I just had a new AC unit put in 9 months ago....so I think it must be a fuse or switch problem...any suggestions of what I might be dealing with..Thanks.

by in Columbia, MS on June 10, 2010
3 answers
ANSWER by on June 11, 2010
The Blower Motors on these Caddy cars have real problems, the electronics tend to short out and then the Blower Motor will come on in the middle of the night. Need to get new Blower Motor.
ANSWER by on June 23, 2010
My 95 Seville started doing the same two weeks ago. With the switch off, the AC fan and radio are operating. I was getting a 'switch problem' message on the information display. It may be the switch, will followup when I get it fixed. ken
ANSWER by on June 23, 2010
Well, I took it on to shop and it cost me close to $500.00 ):..It was a module that controls several functions. Labor wasn't bad but part cost $381.00. Now I have a loud noise coming from behind the dash when the AC is running.......wasn't there before ???? Had AC system replaced last fall so it should be in good shape. This car has 175,000 and still drives like it was brand new. Have a oil leak from around back seal but haven't been in a hurry to get fixed ...was told to just drive it for now. Jan
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
The parking brake may not release automatically due to a failed vacuum switch or actuator. Our technicians tell us that if vacuum is supplied to the actuator when the transmission is in gear, the...
The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor ass...
I have a 95 sts and now my brake lights wont work on drivers side. the tail light also flashes at times and the turn signal doesnt work on this side. we have already replaced the bulb but still no ...
The oil pressure switch and timing cover gasket may develop an engine oil leak.