suspension rods? on 1997 Toyota Camry

i have a rod that is broken that connects to the top of the shock on the passenger side of a 97 toyota camry. it is basically two rods that are connected together. the other end hooks to the bottom of the frame. should i not even drive this car and what are the rods called? suspension rods?

by in Emmet, AR on March 22, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on March 22, 2009
The "rods" you describe are the front sway bar outer links, also called anti roll bar links. They transfer weight to the front antiroll bar/sway bar kind of like training wheels on a bike. They could I suppose some how jam and cause damage if driven.
Related Items:
When i am on a high speeds (65-70 m/ph) sometimes. that is the wierd part sometimes, it almost like jerks to the right and almost seems like something is loose in suspension. After a while it just ...
My steering wheel and basically the whole front end constantly vibrates and it's quite annoying. I just put in a semi used motor about 3 weeks ago because I threw a rod in the original motor. I als...
How to replace the left half shaft
Our steering wheel isn't steady; it shakes and vibrates. If held at a certain angle, the shaking is not as severe. Is this serious - does it need repair, or is it just a symptom of "aging"?
One or more motor mounts may wear out on cars with high mileage. This will put extra stress on the other mounts, and the faulty mount(s) should be replaced.

Related Content