i have a rod that is broken that connects to the top of the shock on the passenger side of a 97 toyota camry. it is basically two rods that are connected together. the other end hooks to the bottom of the frame. should i not even drive this car and what are the rods called? suspension rods?
suspension rods? on 1997 Toyota Camry
The "rods" you describe are the front sway bar outer links, also called anti roll bar links. They transfer weight to the front antiroll bar/sway bar kind of like training wheels on a bike. They could I suppose some how jam and cause damage if driven.
2 answersSeptember 22, 2009
1 answerJuly 11, 2013
3 answersJune 28, 2010
1 answerAugust 31, 2010
Verified for the Toyota Camry184 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- My 1999 Camry won't start, i replaced fuel pump, fuel rail & injectors, fires ok
- car will start sometimes but when it does wipers come on.
- Can I safely drive/ignore my transmission problem of hesitating acceleration?
- dash lights go out when headlights are turned on and lights around the radio.
- I am sorry if not the right place to ask this questio but, i am plannig to buy