i have a rod that is broken that connects to the top of the shock on the passenger side of a 97 toyota camry. it is basically two rods that are connected together. the other end hooks to the bottom of the frame. should i not even drive this car and what are the rods called? suspension rods?
suspension rods? on 1997 Toyota Camry
The "rods" you describe are the front sway bar outer links, also called anti roll bar links. They transfer weight to the front antiroll bar/sway bar kind of like training wheels on a bike. They could I suppose some how jam and cause damage if driven.
Verified for the Toyota Camry193 reports
2 answersSeptember 22, 2009
1 answerJuly 11, 2013
3 answersJune 28, 2010
1 answerAugust 31, 2010
This week's top 10
1997 Toyota Camry Estimates
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Mound City, SD
- 115,000 Mile Service ($53 - 96) in Hannacroix, NY
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($59 - 83) in Elton, LA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hanson, MA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($353 - 618) in Hagerman, NM
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($288 - 846) in Ashland, NH