Just in the last few months I've noticed the truck idle start to surge drastically when the clutch is pushed in and I come to a stop. Then after 30-45 seconds it quiets down to normal and is very quiet. Also whenever the gas pedal is used the engines kinda jerks when gas is applied or when you let up on the gas. Also since this started happening my gas mileage has gone way down. Probably at around 18-20mpg now in town. Any ideas? I've replaced the wires and plugs(new E-plugs), changed the oil, oil filter and air filter.
Surging and Stuttering on 1997 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1997 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Aneth, UT
- 125,000 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in Pinetown, NC
- 150,000 Mile Service ($505 - 762) in North Miami, FL
- Brake Booster Replacement ($365 - 527) in Polk, MO
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($251 - 273) in Markleysburg, PA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - 30) in Ducor, CA