Subaru Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Subaru Outback
- How much is a steering rack for a 2000 Subaru outback
- When they plugged the car in for diagnostics it showed oxygen in the fuel.
- if you disconnect wiring to mass air flow valve shoud the car stall imediatley
- I was told I need a new engine. Really? It was running perfectly this morning.
- My brand new 2014 Outback pulls to the right, I have put 200 miles on car.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Subaru Outback Problems
A vibration or shutter may be noted on acceleration. If the transmission torque converter is suspected a revised part is available to correct this concern.
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
Subaru Outback Questions
cleaned maf sensor and light still on.
Subaru Outback Recalls
This recall applies only to vehicles equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Mazda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
When shifted into the park position, an automatic transmission engages a locking feature which does not allow the vehicle to roll. These vehicles are being recalled because the rod which engages the park mechanism may come loose inside the transmission. As a result the vehicle may not move (stuck in park) or roll unexpectedly when the sifter is in the park position, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the automatic transmission on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
The steering column contains several components that work together to transmit the rotating motion of the steering wheel to the steering rack. These vehicles are being recalled because the inner and outer shafts of the steering column may separate from each other. If this were to occur the driver would not be able to steer the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering column assembly to correct this concern.
Subaru Outback Reviews
Recent problem; about two weeks now. Hear a noise while accelerating which disappears when the foot is off the gas pedal. Increses with increasing speed. Hear this noise again as the car is coming to a stop. The shop that changed oil and serviced AC says this is because of bad bearing in front differential and the transmission has to come off to replace this bearing and has referred me to a tra...
Bought my "Beanie" new in 2001. At 55,000 miles the front end differential destructed which required repair and a new transmission. Cost me over $3,000. Subaru doesn't stand behind their product nor does the dealer. They would not pay for the repairs. Even though I had the car at the dealership asking them to check out the car because of some front end noise. They weren't able to diagnose ...
I have a subaru outback 2002 w/190000 miles I am mechanic (small engines ) I do good maintenace and service every 3000 miles. on driver side when I remove the spark plug I founded oil around the spark plug boot wire. ( when has 95000 miles) now leak oil from both head/valves cover the question is only gaskets or major problem?