Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews

Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews and Owner Comments

My main problem with this model is an oil leak. It was minor at first, but now leaks a lot. I've been told it is from the front head gasket. I keep check on oil level but it does not take additional oil. What is this? Mileage is low. I am wondering if there will be a sudden collapse of the engine! Otherwise, I have enjoyed the ride.
I have a 1996 Subaru Legacy Outback I have replaced the clutch twice know. It has over 200,000 miles on it. It's been a great car. If I had to drive over the country I would not think twice, it would be the car I would take.
I have a 1996 subaru legacy outback with a 2.2. This car has only 115k on it, has had the clutch replaced before I bought it and again now that I own it. The engine now needs a head gasket replaced. I went to buy exhaust manifold gaskets and even the dealership didnt have them! This car is a piece of crap especially compared to my jeep with 295k and my cavalier with 215K.
This car is a good, solid car. It easily handles virtually any road condition, the brakes are excellent, and has good gas mileage. It also can carry a large load for a car. The cupholders are flimsy, and the sparkplugs are hard to reach; but this is a car that I recommend to anyone looking for a good, non-expensive car.
I own a 1997 emerald Subaru Outback with 207,000+ miles. Four years ago, It needed a valve job for $2,300. Now, it needs a ring job. I very much like this car. It has served me well. I will probably have to sell it because the ring job is $4,000, the value of the car. And then I'll buy another 97' or newer. Am I being realistic? Thanks. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
runs and drives like a dream. the only complaint i have is that the spark plugs are a royal PAIN to change. i guess the offset is that it takes me around 5 minutes to change the oil.
I use my Subie for work and I have never felt as safe in any other car. Granted, I have had to sink some money into her to keep her running but it was absolutely worth it!
Excellent, reliable car. I will buy another Subaru when I'm ready to replace this one. Very few repairs required, but I get regularly recommended maintenance done on time.
WE CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER AUTOS WE HAVE EVER OWNED IN THE 50 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING WE WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE
very good car,you can play on snow with this car.My cars starter went bad on 70000 mils.