Subaru Legacy Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Subaru Legacy Outback
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Subaru Legacy Outback Problemsanti-lock brake system (ABS) causes the ABS pump to continuously run, which will eventually wear down the battery. An improved ABS relay is available to solve the problem.
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
Subaru Legacy Outback Questions
What are the odds of the cylinder being bad also?
I'm looking to help a friend swap out a bad 5-speed for a used one.
What year range donor cars can I pick from?
99 only? 96-99? 99- 06?
Thanks and let me know
Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews
This car is a good, solid car. It easily handles virtually any road condition, the brakes are excellent, and has good gas mileage. It also can carry a large load for a car. The cupholders are flimsy, and the sparkplugs are hard to reach; but this is a car that I recommend to anyone looking for a good, non-expensive car.
WE CAN CONFIRM THAT THIS IS ONE OF THE BETTER AUTOS WE HAVE EVER OWNED IN THE 50 YEARS WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING WE WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE
My main problem with this model is an oil leak. It was minor at first, but now leaks a lot. I've been told it is from the front head gasket. I keep check on oil level but it does not take additional oil. What is this? Mileage is low. I am wondering if there will be a sudden collapse of the engine! Otherwise, I have enjoyed the ride.