Subaru Impreza Outback Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Subaru Impreza Outback
- how much would it cost to repair the main engine seal?
- My car will turn on, but will die out unless I get the engine warmed up
- what would keep my car from idling it starts but dies right away
- Can I adjust clutch pedal height? Engages almost instantly.
- Can a rear main seal leak cause the cylinders (1 and 4) to misfire??
Subaru Impreza Outback Problems
Front engine oil leaks can develop from the camshaft seal and the crankshaft front seal. If one or more seals require replacement, it may be wise to consider replacing the timing belt as well. These seals are commonly inspected and replaced as needed as part of a timing belt service.
Subaru Impreza Outback Questions
My mechanic is saying that the oil leaking on to the O2 sensor is causing the an issue with the wires and the misfire because the gas is not burning properly through the exhaust
CEL came on after abrupt pot hole bump at 5 mph. Several attempts to clear fail with light return at reconnect startup.