2005 Honda Accord Q&A

2005 Honda Accord Question: Stuck Accelerator Problems?

Are there any recalls on this model for accelerator defects? While pulling into a parking lot my Honda slowed down ( I had my foot on the brake) and then it leaped over the cement stopper and continued to plow through a pillar! It only stopped after it hit the building behind the pillar and could go no more-I had my foot on the break the whole time and it just kept moving forward. I know my foot was on the brake and not the gas. -
I am glad you weren't hurt. I have not heard of this before. I would definitely call the number on the National Highway Safety website and start a complaint http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ Its a government website and they will know if anyone else has experienced this problem. -
Car was not driven for approx. 5 months. Started it up; no problem. During idling approx. a couple minutes; the engine began to rev up and then down, between 1K - 2K; in which I turned the engine o...
Accelerator was stuck and I had to hit a barrier to stop the car just like a previous person had to do. This is potentially a big problem with Honda 2005 brakes.
During the winter my car became stuck in the snow and ice. I pressed the accelerated several times "gunning" I'd hoped to get it unstuck. It was after that episode that I started hearing a rattling...