I am replacing the thermostat on my 03, 3,9 LS. When I finally got the right thermostat and went to put it on, I noticed that when the left side bolt was removed, so were the threads. I have tried the spring thread replacements, and there is no room for a bolt and nut. Best Fix?
Stripped out thermostat housing on 2000 Lincoln LS
1 answerJuly 10, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln LS Questions
- Serpentine belt coming off alternator and tearing outside strand of belt off
- The engine is overheating and the car shut off.
- My heater blows cold air, what could the problem be
- I replaced my power steering pump and now I have no power steering what's wrong?
- How bad is it if the thermostat housing is having problems.
2000 Lincoln LS Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($263 - 369) in Zeeland, MI
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($85 - 156) in DeQuincy, LA
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Rollinsville, CO
- 140,000 Mile Service ($97 - 149) in Laurens, NY
- Engine Mount Replacement ($184 - 234) in Merkel, TX
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Tonawanda, NY