Some one told me it might just be the oil filter and a sensor. The oil does need changed. Nothing is leaking, smoking or smells like it is burning. Can I drive it to get the oil changed. I just want to know if I can drive it to get the oil changed and see if that is all the problem is. I can't afford to get it towed for something this simple. This is the first and only time it has happened. I keep a close eye on oil level, never uses much oil at all.
STOP ENGINE OIL PRESSURE SIGNAL came on, checked oil level it's normal.Drivable? on 2002 Volkswagen Passat
Asked by for the 2002 Volkswagen Passat
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Passat Questions
- When check engine light goes on at 70,000 What service is due and how much ?
- My Passat alarm is going off even after I use my key to unlock it and wobt start
- I have to replace a thermostst. How much is it? (part&labor)
- How much 2 set timing, I had belt changed and timing seems 2 to b off
- Will fixing a crankshaft rear main seal fix misfire&fuel pressure/lean codes?
2002 Volkswagen Passat Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($41 - $102) in Charleston, AR
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($142 - $193) in Edina, MO
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($544 - $747) in Saukville, WI
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($289 - $365) in Genoa, AR
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($76 - $115) in Cherryfield, ME
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($240 - $274) in Townsville, NC