About 3,000 miles ago the service shopsaid the "right side steering rack is torn. Evidence of leakage from steering rack assembly and slight oil pan leakage". It was not severe so I postponed looking into it until now when I'm due for my next oil change. I don't know if the rack should be replaced or what until I take the car in for another look. Any advice welcomed. I have put a lot of money into this car in the past 12 months and love the car but don't want to be a constant repair junkie.
Steering Rack Question on 1997 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1997 Honda Accord
Verified for the Honda Accord503 reports
1 answerSeptember 08, 2009
2 answersApril 05, 2015
1 answerAugust 04, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
- does timing belt need to be changed
- AC blows hot on left side, cold on right side. Temp set same on both.
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($108 - $135) in French Lick, IN
- Heater Core Replacement ($800 - $1,120) in Idledale, CO
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($133 - $339) in Springfield, MA
- Radiator Replacement ($371 - $586) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Throttle Body Replacement ($206 - $669) in Centenary, SC
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($68 - $86) in West Hartland, CT