About 3,000 miles ago the service shopsaid the "right side steering rack is torn. Evidence of leakage from steering rack assembly and slight oil pan leakage". It was not severe so I postponed looking into it until now when I'm due for my next oil change. I don't know if the rack should be replaced or what until I take the car in for another look. Any advice welcomed. I have put a lot of money into this car in the past 12 months and love the car but don't want to be a constant repair junkie.
Steering Rack Question on 1997 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1997 Honda Accord
Verified for the Honda Accord501 reports
1 answerSeptember 08, 2009
1 answerMay 27, 2010
2 answersApril 05, 2015
1 answerAugust 04, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- my car loses acceleration and then bucks catches and then lurches forward
- brake & tail lights stay on after car is off and lights are not turned on
- WHY: Car starts but stalls after 2 or 3 seconds. No check engine light.
- S light staying on, TCU blinking 4 long and then one short quick one?
- Why would my Accord occasionally make a loud clanking noise at start up?
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Tire Rotation ($26 - $34) in French Lick, IN
- Oil Pressure Sensor Replacement ($79 - $99) in Idledale, CO
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Springfield, MA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($276 - $346) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($146 - $616) in Centenary, SC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($350 - $795) in West Hartland, CT