About 3,000 miles ago the service shopsaid the "right side steering rack is torn. Evidence of leakage from steering rack assembly and slight oil pan leakage". It was not severe so I postponed looking into it until now when I'm due for my next oil change. I don't know if the rack should be replaced or what until I take the car in for another look. Any advice welcomed. I have put a lot of money into this car in the past 12 months and love the car but don't want to be a constant repair junkie.
Steering Rack Question on 1997 Honda Accord
1 answerSeptember 08, 2009
1 answerMay 27, 2010
2 answersApril 05, 2015
1 answerAugust 04, 2010
2 answersJanuary 27, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Why would my speedometer drop to 0 and my D4 (drive position on dash)light flash
- Battery positive cable melted and when I try to start all power cuts off
- Cost to repair drivers side rack and pinion
- I have Navigation installed and wondering if it is possible to sort the names
- Can replacing a damaged tail light affect interior (map) lights?