Steering problem on 2002 Mercedes-Benz CL500

When I fully turn my steering wheel as far as it goes I hear a single loud popping noise. Also if I park with the front wheels turned they look like they're slightly rolling over on the side wall of the tire.

by in San Diego, CA on January 15, 2011
1 answer
ANSWER by on January 15, 2011
I'd get the steering and the suspension checked preferably by a MB specialty shop. Unfortunately it's almost impossible to give you good advise about noises and conditions which requires visual inspections. Zee
A fluid leak from the front of the vehicle may be a result of a worn steering dampening shock. Our technicians tell us that if a leak is noted from the dampening shock it should be replaced.
i'm looking for an exploded view of the tandem power steering pump
One or more of the following steering linkage components may wear prematurely;  tie rod ends, drag link, or idler arm. Our technicians remind us the wheel alignment should be checked and adj...
The active body control system can leak fluid from numerous areas, including the tandem pump, hydraulic lines, struts, and/or seals. If it is not repaired, the vehicle ride height could drop too lo...