loud groaning noise when steering to the left only
steering noise on 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Russ ,
September 10, 2009
You may have a problem with the steering gear. There could also be something worn in the front suspension of your 2003 Chevrolet Silverado. Having an experienced technician listen to your noise my be your best bet to isolate the cause.
Verified for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500151 reports
Steering is making a clicking noise when I turn the steering wheel left to right sitting still and while backing or moving slowly. Started around 5000 miles. Sounds like it is coming from the upper steering shaft. Any suggestions?
1 answerJune 17, 2015
1 answerMarch 04, 2015
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Problems(25)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Q&A(174)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Recalls(6)
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Shops
- 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Reviews(7)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Questions
- 2006 Chevy Silverado. Starts fine. After a few minutes, lifter knocks.
- i left my key on when i changed battery, truck turns over but no spark
- My tail brake lights don't work but the one on the cab does.
- Was running sluggish for a day.will not start turns over has gas in the oil
- Easily broken inside door handle = 'Escape Hazard' condition! Class action suit?
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Bethpage, NY
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($811 - 1,131) in Hamlin, NY
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - 82) in Fremont, NH
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Chesterfield, NH
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($229 - 280) in Camden, ME
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($835 - 1,558) in Hardy, KY