Static Discharge May Cause Problems With Seat Memory/Heater and Adjustable Pedals on Chrysler Pacifica

Static discharge and/or loose wire connections could cause problems with the front power seat memory, seat heaters, and adjustable pedals. Revised seat modules are available that resist the affects of static discharge.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 102,011 (54,000–169,455)
5 model years affected: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, more2008
28 people reported this problem
11 people shared problem details
Reocuring problem, have disconnected connection under seat with some success. Last time it worked for nearly 2 months then went out again. This is a very dangerous and irritating problem, I feel this should be a Chrysler recall to fix because if car seat is too far forward I cannot even drive my car safely.
6 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Seats were working when the car went to the Chrysler dealership when the transmission failed. The service manager admitted the seats worked when he got in to help move the car inside the service area. Following transmission and transmission control module replacement (during which the dealer indicated he had problems with the new module "talking" with the car) the seats quit working. I believe he inadvertently caused the seat module problem but has refused to accept responsibility (states "it was just coincidence" the seat module failed while he was having issue with the transmission control computer working). I am trying to figure out if this is an owner replaceable module or if syncing with the vehicle computer is required.
3 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Bought it used. Brought it home and within hrs the driver side seat was stuck fully reclined. After reading some posts I disconnected the plugs under the seat and got it to work long enough to adjust to the wifes height. But its not working again. Anyone know which wire to tap into in order to add a ground wire to the control module for the seat?
2 people like thisFlag inappropiate
Seats and foot petals just stop working
not work front seat driver and passenger is 2005 pacifica
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
My seat controls and memory and heater all act up, but randomly. Sometimes they work sometimes they don't
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
Driver seat and passenger seat controls went out as well as radio display and heated seat on driver side
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
Power seat not working at all
The power options on my driver seat stopped working. My husband happened to be taking a nap after college and before work when it happened to the seat was all the way down and all the way back. The mechanic THINKS it COULD be the module under the seat but needs to look at it another day to make sure. What would even cause that?? We have a warranty but it may or may not cover fixing it depending on the cause. Who would have thought a stupid seat would cause so many problems and be so potentially expensive! Grr
auto door locks and left front door ajar
Took car in for service on ERG, Oxygen sensor, ABS sensor, 2 tire pressure sensors, throttle body cleaning and flushing for all systems. Unfortunately all these things happened in the past month. Never any other service to the PAC except PCM replacement, oil changes and wiper blades. After the service, the seats no longer worked, the cruise control no longer worked, and a new code p0420 appeared. The dealership fixed the cruise control by reattaching a vacuum hose disconnected during the throttle body cleaning and reset the code (if it reappears I will need a new catalytic converter). Anyway, they are refusing to pay to fix the seats but I will be calling their corporate office regarding TSB 08-039-05. After $2200 in repairs, it's hard to hear that they want another $350 to fix a seat system that had been working.
LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REPLACE HEATER CORE IN MY 2004 PACIFICA WHAT IS INVOLVED. COOLANT HAS LEA...
My car has been on the lift for 2 days and the dealer cannot locate the cause of the odor comin...
My 2006 Chrysler has been a gem, but recently when I come out of park it has a nasty little hab...
My power seats quite working and I know it's not the fuse. I have read of others having the sam...
My seats stop working both passenger and drivers side and the foot pedal won't adjust either, o...