When shifting it jerks the whole truck, especially to reverse, makes a huge clunking but still works. New engine, when slowing down below 10 mph it sometimes shifts to early or acts as if gas is not getting through, I give it gas and it barely goes but in a couple of seconds it gets the right gas flow and surges forward. Changed fuel filter, changed the battery, not sure what to do.
Starts at 1500rpm idles to 1100, dies randomly when stopping in intersection on 1990 Ford Bronco
Asked by for the 1990 Ford Bronco
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Bronco Questions
- takes forever to shift into reverse and longer into drive
- Is it possible to change the headlights from manual to automatic?
- Just replaced thermostat and gasket Drove next Day over heated and drove next day reservoir full
- what is the average cost for a mechanic to install a long block engine in to a 5.8 96 ford bronco?
- After replacing my abs computer, speedometer not working and truck not shifting right. What have they missed?
1990 Ford Bronco Estimates
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($296 - $398) in Caro, MI
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($167 - $237) in Tallulah Falls, GA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($83 - $156) in Toulon, IL
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($71 - $105) in Russellville, IN
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($75 - $88) in Montrose, IA
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($99 - $106) in Alum Bridge, WV