Starting problems on 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue

I have a 99 olds intrigue (3.5L) One morning I drive into work, stopped to get gas and went to start it and I got nothing. Didn't crank, no clicking noise whatsoever. I've replaced the battery, still same problems. All lights, radio, locks, windows, etc. all work. My next move is between the neutral safety switch, ignition switch or starter. Any insight on this? How difficult would these repairs be? Thanks!!

by in Prescott, WI on October 12, 2009
3 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on October 12, 2009
I cannot speak to your vehicle directly, but I have a 97 Olds Bravada I had to replace the ignition switch, and that was giving me all kinds of grief. I heard it was quite common, but don't know if that goes to their cars as well. Can you start the vehicle with it in neutral?
COMMENT by on October 12, 2009
I've tried once and even rocked it back and forth but it still didn't start. I never worked the shifter back and forth or anything. I'm getting a neutral safety switch after work to throw on and see if that fixes it. Do I get to that from underneath the car?
ANSWER by on April 12, 2010
I had the same issue. Turned out to be both my starter and the ignition switch. Crazy. They both went bad at the same time. The starter was only 1 month old as well. I did see it work on the test machine and it was definitely bad and the switch threw a code. So both, believe it or not. These cars are known for the ignition switch though.
ANSWER by on April 26, 2010
try turning you keyswitch on and leave it on for at least 10 minutes! then turn it off and wait 60 seconds and try to start it again! if your car has general motors goofy secutiry anitheft system on it it may be keeping your car from starting? it shuts off the fuel supply. i had it happen a couple of times on my 2002 old alero. it's just a way to get you to take your car to the shop so they can make more money. if your security light is on in the dash then this is most likely your problem? can't hurt to try it! good luck :o)
Ok pulling into gasstation car ran out of gas filled it up wouldn't start replaced fuelpump&filter put fresh gass still wont start turns over just fine just wont start this is my only car & cant af...
The engine may start and stall with the security light flashing. This is commonly caused by a failed passlock sensor which is part of the ignition lock cylinder. A secondary cause could be the igni...
Car starts up fine each day, drive 2 blocks and turn ignition off. Then start car up again , it won't start. Have to try multiple times, then it starts. Now check engine light is coming on. Dealer ...
Whenever I try to start my car now the car makes a stuttering kind of sound and will not start until I press down on the gas a couple of times. Once it starts everything is fine. My Service Engine ...
My car takes at least 3 cranks to start. No check engine lights are on. I just had it tuned up and had the fuel pump checked and the fuel injectors checked and their fine.