Starting problems on 2006 Nissan Sentra

If I start my car up multiple times during a short period (like when I'm running errands), sometimes it turns over for a long time before it actually starts or won't start at all. If it sits for several hours (Like when I'm at work or overnight) it always starts up fine. I've taken it to have it looked at but it's kind-of random when it happens. Please advise.

by in Raleigh, NC on February 27, 2009
1 answer
ANSWER by on February 27, 2009
Do you ever get a Check Engine Light On? If so, have the code retrieved and it could shed some light. It sounds like you have a starting problem when the car is warm which could be a crank/cam sensor issue. ( which should set a code, but not always ) How many miles do you have on your car and when was the last time your spark plugs were replaced and your throttle body cleaned? Do you have to give the vehicle throttle as your try to start it? The fact that it starts fine after an over night sit could mean that the coolant temp sensor is out of range and as the car gets hot it gets too far out and the car then won't start. How is your gas mileage?
3 people like thisFlag inappropiateReply
It is very hard to start but when you get it running it is fine.
once i got car home didnt touch it for a couple of days, went and started car backed up and it stalled has not started since. aside from brief starts. i put new relay on car still not staying start...
Car wont start below 35. Ruled out fuel line freeze. Will star when coil packs are warmed with torch.What is going on?
Nissan Sentra 2006 bought with 28,300 miles about 3 months ago. About a month ago it started to have problems when I started. It takes up to 3 times turning the Key before it starts. Also my car ha...
My car will not start. When I turn the key I get a buzzing sound. My lights come on and the windows still go up and down. Should I try to get a new starter or alternator or a battery.